Unsolicited Advice for Rick Warren
- Your generosity of spirit betrays your divisive posturing -- be who you are.
- We all have small and large versions of ourselves. Rise to the size of your growing platform.
- Eat right and exercise. You can be a righteous force in the world if you stick around for a while.
- Love your neighbor as yourself.
- I am a gay woman, with a wife and child to protect from the politics of fear you used to undermine my family's citizenship and dignity -- and even I respond to your core decency. There's something there.
- Make my son proud to be part of your America on January 20th.
- Believe the hype -- the world is hanging on your words right now. We will move on, but you have our attention for the moment. Honor it.
- Do not bear false witness. Unless you really can't distinguish between gay marriage and pedophilia, this one may be the most helpful.
- Gay people don't eat donuts. Consider building bridges with scones next time, maybe a nice fruit plate, cocktails.
- Ask yourself what would Jesus do.
Friday, February 24, 2012